So our TA is high again, but PH is staying stable

D&GNewbies

Jun 25, 2020
Iowa
Ok, please don't yell at me or judge, this is all new.
I worked really hard to bring our TA level down to 120 from over 270ppm. Our goal was to bring it down enough to feel comfortable adding ProTeam Supreme Plus and saltWe did discuss ordering boric acid from Duda Diesel, which is what we will do from now on.

So on Friday night, we added 3 bags of Diamond Crystal softner salt. Then another 1 1/2 bags the following morning. Saturday evening we added 1/2 the dose of ProTeam Supreme Plus and then waited till Sunday morning to add the rest. Total of 30 pounds for our pool.

I tested our levels on Monday-
FC 8
CYA 50
pH- 7.6
TA 210
Borate level- 50ppm

Tested this morning
FC 5
CYA- didn't check it today
pH 7.4
TA 200
Borate level- 50ppm

When I go through the reviews for ProTeam, it says it shouldn't increase the TA by much, but it seems like it jumped quite a bit. It also says to wait 2 weeks after adding ProTeam to adjust TA.

We don't have any issues at the moment with a high TA, but I would rather lower it just to err on the side of caution.

We love the way the water feels.
Please don't yell at me.

But did I screw up?

You will always be adding acid to counteract your ph drift because of High TA, i would suggest you automate your Acid additions with a stenner setup. I have one and my fill TA is 220. Makes life easy.

Note that Pool Math's "Effects of Adding" assumes no borates in the water when recommending acid doses. So, with your TA at 200 and borates, if you continue to have pH drift, the recommended additions made by the app may not produce the results you are expecting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.