So it begins...my unconventional build..i'm callin' it done

Re: So it begins...my unconventional build..i'm callin' it d

...old thread...It does look great :goodjob:

Do you have any nighttime picks now that the plaster is done and the pool is filled without lights on so we can see the glow-in-the-dark tile in all it's glory?

Re: So it begins.......my unconventional build

Just-a-PB said:
Certainly no criticism, just trying to educate.
Your job looks awesome, love the style and the tile.

Be cautious with a patterned tile like that, use a water level or laser, once filled, the water doesn't lie, it will be quite obvious if there is a high side or corner.

Still may be worth buying a filter to extend warranty, find a new buyer for yours. If something big goes in the second two years you will not be happy.
As for the lights they will work, you will just have to shut it off and on, and off and on till you get the color you want. Kind of a pain with the remote as it doesn't respond that fast.

Just some of the knowledge you are paying for hiring a good PB, I know, you tried.

Hmmm....I have that exact problem with lights....on and off, on and off. One of the things that drives me nuts.

Your pool looks awesome and tou really pulled off matching the theme of your home. I love the view of the yard before and after.

linen said:
...old thread...It does look great :goodjob:

Do you have any nighttime picks now that the plaster is done and the pool is filled without lights on so we can see the glow-in-the-dark tile in all it's glory?

It is very hard to photo because my wife installed a solar Christmas light "ceiling" across the patio and in her potted plants near the pool.

The effect of the glow tile is noticeable but subtle. You have to fairly close to see them.

[attachment=0:17tu7j5q]SpaTile.jpg[/attachment:17tu7j5q]

Attachments

• SpaTile.jpg
    SpaTile.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 743

Love the color of the water in light or white bottomed pools. Your pool looks terrific!

Your pool looks amazing! Congratulations on your successful build! I too am a big fan of very light colored pool bottoms. Any pics in the sun light? I love the shimmery BBB look. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ok, it's full of water and I'm sweeping the plaster and balancing water. I hope this is an inspiration to all the people that would like to "do it themselves" but are un-sure. I figured I've saved half of what it would have cost to have someone else do the work.With exception of the infrastructure needs, it took me 10 weeks start to finish.

Let the parties begin :party:

[attachment=2:q8cx294b]Pool night.jpg[/attachment:q8cx294b]

[attachment=1:q8cx294b]Pool night 3.jpg[/attachment:q8cx294b]

[attachment=0:q8cx294b]Pool night2.jpg[/attachment:q8cx294b]

Enjoy

WoW , impressive you did it yourself & CooL design !!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.