Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I bought a Triton PS Plus but one of my buddies moved to a house without a pool so I inherited his Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus.

The CC Plus uses two little filters with two different openings in the bottom. The filters have a little frame and 2 panels each. They do not hold much in each frame. Is this the older design or just different.

1652206304537.png

My Triton PS Plus has a BIG internal basket with a frame and 4 panels.

1652206243707.png

The big basket seems to hold more leaves and debris. Any thoughts on this. The "New" Nautilus CC (no Plus) looks like it is the same design as the Triton, or a variation thereof. Just a different color. I also don't think it is PS aka Powerstream (Those openings on the sides).

Anyone. Bueller? Bueller?

They both do a good job cleaning. The Naut seems to be aggressive on the tiles, but it is running along them forward turned sideways. The Triton will go up to the waterline and then sit and spin and then sort of slide sideways to clean the tile.

I'm just wondering if the center basket is a newer design or if the double plate type is an alternative design.

I have not run them together. I expect their tails will twist together and then I'll never get work out of them (ala Avatar).

T.O.M. is out of action. He is going for a vacation to his place of origin. Hopefully he will be working when he comes back.

I looked at the specs, for the 11 series (S300 and my Trition PS plus, among others), the specs show 4000 GPH of flow. The naut has specs that show 4500.

The Naut seems to be aggressive on the tiles, but it is running along them forward turned sideways. The Triton will go up to the waterline and then sit and spin and then sort of slide sideways to clean the tile.
We have a nautilus cc plus that we got when we first bought our house. When we got it, it seems to me that there was a huge price jump to the next models up. I understand that it doesn’t have the “waterline cleaning” feature, but it does seem to go around the entire pool and clean the waterline for me. I keep hearing about this feature, but I always have to wonder what exactly the waterline cleaning feature would get me. I see that it hangs around at the water line perhaps a bit more, and goes up and down, but how much better is it? Just curious for when mine eventually goes..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.