"Old" Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When Pentair moved their Link2O app to Pentair Home, I was disappointed. Lots of things are easier to do with a keyboard and mouse than with your finger on a tiny phone screen or even a tablet screen. I asked about that here, and someone suggested an Android emulator for PC. My phone and tablets are Apple IoS, but most popular apps are available for both operating systems, so I searched emulators and reviews of same. Ultimately I found BlueStacks (bluestacks.com). Clearly gamer oriented, the downloadable app supports a lot of Android apps. Besides Pentair Home, I now have the Rain Bird irrigation app, myQ (garage door opener), Bond Bridge (ceiling fan and light), Amazon Alexa (the phone app actually works better than the PC app), and Pool Math. I didn't really need the emulator for that one, but it is handy in the same window as Pentair Home. So far the only app I wanted but wouldn't run here is the Life360 phone tracker. All in all, I am comfortable recommending BlueStacks to get your phone apps on the PC--especially Pentair Home, which is much easier to use with keyboard and mouse. I've attached a screen shot of the BlueStacks window. All the game stuff you see is icons that were pre-installed, and I know nothing about them.
1640272596968.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.