Bronze Supporter
Apr 15, 2020
Pageland SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just bought myself a pool devil pro return jet skimmer. I read a few posts on here that spoke highly of it. I have a relatively large pool with only one skimmer port. Ultimately I want a robot, but I figure that for now if I can skim better it will keep the pool bottom cleaner without vacuuming quite as frequently.

One of my biggest issues is debris blowing in off the trees near the pool when a storm blows up...and lately they have been abundant!

I can only skim while the pump is running though. We have an old pump timer. It's hard wired into the wall with a dial on it and some little clips that say on and off. Y'all probably know what I'm talking about.

These days we seem to have smart everything. Is there something on the market that can replace this timer for me, or perhaps override it, and allow me to remotely start my pump with my phone through wifi and a hub or something like that?

For instance, while I'm at work, a storm pops up, I could start the pump immediately so I'm skimming to help gather the debris in the skimmer and the pool devil pro. Does any of this make sense, or is it crazy?

Two years ago, I installed a WiOn 50054 wi-fi timer for my waterfall/slide pump. I don't use it on a daily schedule, but it works every time I need it. It requires a good wi-fi signal. It's compatible with Alexa and Google Home. The timer is now sold under the Dewenwils name, but is identical to the WiOn. Online reviews, as expected, are somewhat mixed. There are a few of us on TFP that use the WiOn without any issues. There are a few threads on TFP you'll find if you search "WiOn 50054." Here's one by @chiefwej:

Link to the Dewenwils timer:

If you prefer Z-wave connectivity, here's another option:

I found that just an hour or so ago and have been browsing Google results on it. That might be right up my alley, thanks!

I don't get a strong wifi signal out there yet, but I have already planned to work on that as well. We like to stream music out there, and are in the process of getting a screen and projector set up and want to stream movies.

I'm happy with my Google Mesh system. I have good wi-fi coverage on our property which is about 1.5 acres. It gets a little spotty outside of 150' away from the home, but anything within 100' is pretty strong. Your results might vary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.