Smart box switch will not connect to wi-fi.

May 7, 2018
Lavista NE
I installed 2 Dewenwils Smart wi-fi box switches, one for pump & heater and another for lights. Pump/heater box is working fine and immediately connected to my wi-fi. The box for the lights will not connect to my wi-fi even thought the blue wi-fi light flashes. I am looking for suggestions on what I might do. So far I have:
1) Confirmed all wiring is correct. I can turn the lights on and off manually with no problems.
2) Reset the box multiple times.
3) Confirmed that the wi-fi antenna is connected to mother board.

Attached is picture of how it is wired. Disregard the black & white wires with the blue tape. They are the power wires for the Pump box.
20200525_092604.jpg
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Swap your two Smart wi-fi box switches. That will tell you if the problem is with the wiring if it stays with the lights or if it is a defective box if it moves to the pump.

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea however it would be a ton of work to try and swap the boxes now that I have the Pump one fully installed and piped in. I have been working with Dewenwils support via email and I have sent them pictures. They sent a new wiring diagram and I wired it up this morning however it still does not connect to wi-fi. I am probably just going to send this one back and request a replacement.

Support has been good, except it takes overnight to get a response (must be off shore). I will give them one more shot before I return it. If I get it working I will reply here as I have seen others have this problem also.

Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Problem Solved. Wiring was wrong for 120V lights and I was not resetting the wi-fi the way that it should be done. Resetting directions that came with the unit are a little vague. Here are pictures of correct wiring and also directions on resetting wi-fi in case others have this problem. Worked through Dewenwils support via email and they provided wiring picture and video. Excellent customer service.

1. Press and hold the power button and then use a toothpick or an insulated sharp object to press the reset button once.
    Release the reset button and keep hold the power button.
    2. When the blue indicator light stops flashing, release the power button.
    3. Wait for a moment, the blue indicator light will start to flash, the flashing speed will be a little slower than the beginning.
    4. Then refresh and check again in your smartphone setting to find the ECO-xxxxxxxx.

Attachments

• PoolLightWiring.png
    PoolLightWiring.png
    222.3 KB · Views: 66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.