Smart (Alexa) Spa Remote Jandy 8 (Emulates Jandy 8 button spa remote)

look30

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2018
San Jose/CA
So I wanted to share with TFP crowd my new favorite automation added to my pool system.
I found out about this when trying to locate a replacement for the spa control that is unreadable and partially working , an old SPALINK® RS 8-FUNCTION. So when searching on Ebay for a lower priced unit I found a posting for an interesting board that will take care of the Spa controls and more using my phone and Alexa. Did some digging and found the manufacturer website and pulled the trigger for $225.00.
Unit came in a week and was fairly easy to install , only change I made was designing and printing a 3D frame instead of using the recommended velcro attachment. Instructions that came with the board were pretty good , allowed me to install and configure the board in about 30 minutes. So far it works flawlessly and added Wifi control trough Alexa from where I can monitor and operate 8 functions and see and set the temperature of the water which is really neat. I don't know how well will going to hold in time but for now it's awesome. Here are some pictures of the installed unit and the link : Smart (Alexa) Spa Remote Jandy 8 (Emulates Jandy 8 button spa remote)
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 9.31.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-04 at 9.31.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dfwnoob

Thanks for posting this. There are more and more products like this and the reason for them in my mind is the incredible amount of cost. All they do is on-off! That shouldn't be costly or unreliable. It's always great to see a new idea on how to tackle this problem not only on Jandy but also other systems.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.