Small white pieces of plastic appearing in my pool

caleyjag

Apr 13, 2020
Los Angeles
Have owned my pool for about a year. My first pool and I'm learning as I go!

Over the year I keep finding these small plastic pieces at the bottom of the pool. Where are they from? They are always the same size.

Are these pieces of the pool filter? I have a Pentair 4000 series filter.

Just want to make sure it's not some pipe connector underground that's on the verge of turning into a sinkhole. Overall the pool seems to be working well and there are no obvious signs of leaks right now.

20200725_101303.jpg

Last edited:
Quite the mystery. Can you post a pic of your entire pool and your equipment pad? Also update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. If you use a robot or some other type of vacuum cleaner, show that as well. Maybe something will catch our eye.

I think I've figured it out. I just took my filter apart. These pieces appear to be from the spine of the 30" filter panels. A couple of my panels are smashed up and if you look down the inside of the central column, some of the plastic is smashed up and pieces are missing.

It makes sense that the pieces appearing in the pool are from the interior of the filter, since the external filter fabric appears to be complete so any debris would have had to come downstream from the filter surface.

Reactions: Newdude and Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.