Small Gunite pool in Houston done, pics updated 8/17/13

Re: Small Gunite pool in Houston pics from dig to decking

I have the TF 100 kit and water tested. That is how I knew there was not any chlorine and the PH was to high. I have been reading Pool School.

Thanks for the advice.

The response to the decking issue was handled nicely by our PB. He and the owner of the concrete company was apologetic and they were out here early this morning fixing the issues.

Got the drains that were left right at the decking finished out today and got sod. No pics bc it is raining here. Needed the rain badly. The company that came out to do the sod alerted us to the fact that the drains off the patio had to be run out. Backfill covered them so we didn't know they were so short (right at end of patio).The contract said they do the drainage for the patio so I guess that didn't include running the drains away from the area.

To finish this project I have to fix some fences the subs broke, fix my gate, and put gravel around the equipment pad so not weed eaten at the pipes. The PB has to check my gas to see if I need a bigger meter (I am pretty sure I do and will have to call the gas company out and pay for it), need to switch over to saltwater, PB needs to caulk between coping and decking. I am going to try and finish out my stuff this weekend.
The decking sealant still got bubbles in it when they redid it and the big ones popped with the heat I don't know if the decking can be sealed without bubbles resulting. I don't really want to push them to do it a third time but thinking we may get some peeling? When they redid it they got out the red lines on the areas they decided not to cut.

So as your aware we had them redo the sealant on the concrete. It has bubbles again. Here are some pics of them.

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

What kinda of problem can this cause?

Ok, so its 8/17/2013, just a little over a month since they started that morning digging up my yard. Here are some pictures of the pool and yard.

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02131.jpg

DSC02132.jpg

DSC02133.jpg

DSC02134.jpg

All that is left is getting the gas connected, caulking between deck and coping, and setting up the SWG.
Gas line is run to the meter, just got to get it connected.
The wait on starting the SWG seems like a really long time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, got the Heater fully plumbed in and working last Thursday,
Got the leak fixed last Friday, there was a leak from a crack in the grout at the skimmer. I was dumping about 3/4 of inch a day into the ground. Now my pool holds water at all levels. : :whoot: :party:

So doing pool school today, and starting up the SWG.

My pool builder is so ready to do pool school and get his last payment....lol
We have been trying for him, but well think he is finally seeing the end of the tunnel. :lol:

Pool and deck look great!

With that stonescapes mini pebble, did you have to brush everyday?

Is the concrete slippery when it or your feet are wet? How hot is it in the tx sun (I live in dfw)

Tia!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.