birkesl

May 28, 2013
Washington, Il
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
40k gallon pool losing ~1/4" a day with 70 degree temps doesn't make sense so I'm guessing I have a slow leak somewhere. Any suggestions on how best to go about figuring out where?? I don't have much time these days what with baseball and work and life with 2 kids so I'm contemplating calling someone but is this something I should try myself first???

Best to start at the article below and let us know what develops from there. We're help to help along the way.

40k gallon pool losing ~1/4" a day with 70 degree temps doesn't make sense so I'm guessing I have a slow leak somewhere. Any suggestions on how best to go about figuring out where?? I don't have much time these days what with baseball and work and life with 2 kids so I'm contemplating calling someone but is this something I should try myself first???
Do a bucket test dor a day or two and see if its evaporation or not.

Has it been windy there? Evaporation rate in my area is about 1"/week. I've lost that much in a day with the dry North winds we sometimes get.