Slow drip from my pool filter!!!

fagin007

Aug 2, 2020
Dallas, Texas
My Hayward pool filter when the pump is running since its in freeze protect mode here in Texas is dripping water. Should I be concerned? I am now filling up the pool to the top since it will be close to zero in the next few days and i am afraid to shut everything down and try and reseat it and tighten it back up. Just wanted to check to see if I should be worried or just watch it until we can get back above freezing before I take it apart?

Ok. If you want you can try tapping on the black ring lightly with a mallet or hammer. As long as the pump stays running should be no issue. If pumps turns off the system will drain and will need to prime when it restarts.

Just tapped on it with a mallet a few times and now the leak has stopped. Thanks so much I will be sure to pass this on to anyone else that has this issue!
Great. I would still suggest taking it apart, properly lubricating the seal with Pool Lube, and reinstalling once this weather phenomenon passes. Always tap on the black ring as you tighten it.

Reactions: fagin007

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.