Sloping back yard--semi inground pool?

DanTN

May 25, 2020
Tennessee
I have a sloping back yard, will be about 2-2.5 feet in ground on high side. After researching, a little leary of putting above ground pool in that deep. Wondering if anyone has a Stealth pool in forum? Also have been looking at the foam with aluminum on both side semi inground pools. Hate that probably paying double price for pool due to slope of yard, but the wife says it has to go there. Appreciate anyones thoughts, recommendations, suggestions in regards to our search for a pool. And was wondering why doughboy pools can be put in ground, are the walls actually thicker, is it a slurry mix used for backfill, that makes it structurally sound?

At some point, I'm putting an Optimum (the aluminum with foam between walls) in the ground a couple feet. It's warrantied to be above, semi, or fully inground install. (after looking at the Stealth adn an example price, I think the Optimum is less expensive) The slat wall aluminum pools can go in the ground as well (Intrepid from Pool Factory). Apparently, the slat wall is stronger than the typical above ground pool rolled wall. I don't have experience with the doughboy, but from reading other people's experiences here on this site, I'd have no problem putting one of those in the ground.

Just googled the stealth. It looks almost like an inground pool kit, very nice but a bit expensive. I'd check out the other options.
The backfill material will depend on the pool, I think. I've seen where doughboy recommends the slurry back fill. The Optimum recommends a concrete collar and stone back fill. From reading, the slurry back fill will firm up, almost like concrete, so you don't risk wall collapse when you do a liner change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.