Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
The home I bought has a painted pool deck. Some chips. Very slippery when wet. I want to repaint in with a textured paint. Do I need to try to strip this back to raw concrete...I hope not. Can I scrape the lose stuff, then power wash and then repaint?

Ideas on how to prep and what is the best anti-slip product to apply

The home I bought has a painted pool deck. Some chips. Very slippery when wet. I want to repaint in with a textured paint. Do I need to try to strip this back to raw concrete...I hope not. Can I scrape the lose stuff, then power wash and then repaint?

Ideas on how to prep and what is the best anti-slip product to apply

Have you gotten a price for a sun deck or cool deck application? Might be worth looking into.

Whatever you do, don't paint over any old paint. Definitely pressure wash or sand blast it all away down to bare concrete before applying anything back onto it. Personally I would skip Cool Deck. Its non slip alright, but it barely lasts very long and when it starts to deteriorate, there's not much you can do besides tear up the concrete and re-do it. My old deck had Cool Deck that was badly deteriorated, especially around the pool coping, and leaving crumbs in the pool. Came to understand it was less than 8 years old. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.