Slip return fittings

Spookie

Silver Supporter
Dec 20, 2014
Highland, CA
Greetings. Shotcrete has been applied. Builder includes flush mount returns but I would like the ability to change returns if needed. They installed 1 1/2 inch non threaded pipe for the returns. When researching return fittings, I see some slip fittings with a bulge on it. Are these typically glued in or can they be simply pulled off the pipe and replaced with a different slip fitting? I’m planning on telling them to install a threaded end on the pipe, but I just wanted to ask about the slip fittings as well. Any help is appreciated. Attached is a photo of a slip fitting. 5667BC4A-A607-42CA-8B69-03177720F57B.jpeg

Normally these are just pushed in. However, from my experience they are often very difficult to get out too.

But if you are only interested in changing the return orifice, you don't have to remove the entire housing to do that. They should unscrew so you can just replace the inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.