Boston, Ma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Within the last 2 weeks I stopped using pucks and just have been adding liquid chlorine daily. I’ve felt like I’ve been battling low pH all year and so I finally heeded advice here to stop using the pucks. My pool looked slightly cloudy last night so I did an Overnight Loss Test and lost 2.0 from 8.0 to 6.0. My CYA is 80.

The pool again looks slightly cloudy this morning. I didn’t know if it’s the light but my wife looked at it and agreed it looks slightly cloudy in the deep end. I realize I should SLAM but I’m reluctant to start that today as we’re having a family birthday party here tomorrow because we have the pool. So any short term suggestions on shocking it today/tonight before going thru the SLAM process starting on Monday? Thanks in advance for any help.

An expert will chime in soon I imagine.
I would slam now. You can safely swim with FC at slam level for your cya level.

The concern is cloudiness not FC level. Hit it hard now, safer for swimmers.

I would go to SLAM level for today. Leave it alone until after the party tomorrow and bring it back to SLAM level after the party.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.