Slight yellow tinge to water

snuggler

Dec 6, 2021
Newark, New Jersey
Good afternoon all,

I was performing my normal testing/maintenance on my hot tub yesterday and noticed the water looks a little yellow. Not bad, just a slight yellow tint that isn't normal.

This happened about a month or so ago when I drained and refilled but the color was more intense--the water was green and then yellow before I added a metal sequestrant and a lot of shock. Then it looked great until now.

I haven't done much refilling, if any, since the drain and refill a month or so ago. Maybe an inch or two here or there, but definitely not in the past two weeks.

Is it possible I need more metal sequestrant? Or is it definitely a low sanitation issue?

The sanitation levels were very low yesterday because for some reason my tablets dissolved much more quickly than usual, so I balanced pH, added shock, and also refilled my tab floater.

The tub is still yellowish today. I had to balance pH again (too low today; I must have added too much MA yesterday), but I think my bromine level was good (9). TA is 50.

Should I add more shock? A metal sequestrant? Or should I try something else?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.