Slamming ?

Sun still hitting . now it’s 2 pm
Same results as last test
Fc- 9.5
Cc- o.5 this time added 48 oz bleach

when doing the cc test. I add the 5 drops of r0003 and swirl. The water doesn’t turn pink like when I first add the scoop of powder to test the fc. It just turns like a very slight cloudy/pink and than 1 drop brings it back to crystal clear. Will those 5 drops ever not change the color at all ? Or will I always get that

It sounds as if you have very little (if any) CCs in the water. The sun helped you out today. You also seem to be holding FC pretty well. At this point, I'd just continue to maintain that FC level this afternoon and give the pool a good brushing> This evening, consider doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If you pass the OCLT, then there is no need to do the SLAM Process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You may lose up to 4 ppm FC per day with a lower level of CYA.
Be sure to add liquid chlorine to reach the upper level in the target range. That should keep you above minimum FC until you add chlorine again the next day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.