Slamming with an ozonator

CarolD

Jul 21, 2018
Richmond, TX
Well, I went out to brush the pool this afternoon and saw a bit of algae brush off the walls of the pool. Sad. Other than the algae, the pool is clear (I can see the individual pebbles in the plaster on the floor of the pool.) Numbers generally look good, and I'm pretty religious about keeping my chlorine from the mid to the high end of the range. I'm pretty sure that while I was maintaining chlorine in the pool, I wasn't making sure that it didn't build up in the small pools of water in my moss rock waterfall. Color me annoyed.

I started a SLAM this evening and have gotten my FC up to 26 (I overshot a hair, was aiming for 24). I brushed again this evening, and I will test again in an hour or so. While testing, it occurred to me that one of the factors in an OCLT is that combined chlorine is .5 or lower. I never have CC above .5. I also have an ozonator. Could the ozonator be eliminating the chloramines, therefore artificially lowering the CC, and making it seem like CC is .5 or below?

Anyway, I've turned off the ozonator while I do the SLAM, both so that I can get a true read on my CC, but also, because if I'm reading right, the ozonator itself can use up FC, which again invalidates the OCLT.

Is turning off the ozonator the right approach?

6/4/20 9:30PM
FC 26
CC 0
PH (oops, forgot to lower, but was 7.5 yesterday)
TA 70
CH 280
CYA 60
TEMP 86

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.