Jochy55

May 25, 2020
Westford, MA
Ph 7.2
Fc 16
Cc 0.4
TA 110
Cya 50
Hi everyone. I starting the SLAM process on Sunday 5/31/20. Today is 6/3. I’m testing my free chlorine Twice a day a bringing up to 20 as per recommendation. My water is crystal clear, my Cc is 0.4. The only thing that I’m waiting for is to pass the overnight chlorine test . Today Fc dropped from 20 to 16. Before It was dropping to 12 overnight. I just want to know if I’m in the right path. It’s clear that my pool is needing less chlorine every morning, but I’m still dealing with SLAM 4 days laters. Thank you for the inputs...

JJ_Tex

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Sounds like you are doing good. You just need time to let the chlorine do its thing and the filter to filter it out. Are you keeping an eye on the filter pressure so you know when to backwash?

Jochy55

May 25, 2020
Westford, MA
Thank you for your input. The pressure of the filter is Around 9. I used a company to open the pool. I know it was done around May 18. I was planning doing it every4 weeks or so. Would that be reasonable?

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus

Welcome to TFP!

Sounds like you're getting close but what is the OCLT? You must pass all 3 requirements:
When people fudge on one of the requirements it just ends up with an aggravating recurrence. Keep at it 'till you pass all 3.

Chris

Reactions: Jochy55

JJ_Tex

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Thank you for your input. The pressure of the filter is Around 9. I used a company to open the pool. I know it was done around May 18. I was planning doing it every4 weeks or so. Would that be reasonable?
That seems reasonable when not slamming, but when it is filtering out dead algae it can need it much more frequently. Do you happen to know the pressure when they opened? If not, it may be worth backwashing soon, recording the clean pressure so that you know when it rises 20-25% and is time to do it again.

Jochy55

May 25, 2020
Westford, MA
Perfect, thank you.
That seems reasonable when not slamming, but when it is filtering out dead algae it can need it much more frequently. Do you happen to know the pressure when they opened? If not, it may be worth backwashing soon, recording the clean pressure so that you know when it rises 20-25% and is time to do it again.
i dont have the pressure when they opened. I think what I will do is to backwash when I’m done slaming process. Thanks

Jochy55

May 25, 2020
Westford, MA
Day number 4 of my journey, overnight Chlorine test still dropping to 16. Added recommended chlorine to bring it back 20. I’m so surprised about the amount of chlorine I have added so far, but waiting patiently...

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.