Jochy55

May 25, 2020
Westford, MA
Ph 7.2
Fc 16
Cc 0.4
TA 110
Cya 50
Hi everyone. I starting the SLAM process on Sunday 5/31/20. Today is 6/3. I’m testing my free chlorine Twice a day a bringing up to 20 as per recommendation. My water is crystal clear, my Cc is 0.4. The only thing that I’m waiting for is to pass the overnight chlorine test . Today Fc dropped from 20 to 16. Before It was dropping to 12 overnight. I just want to know if I’m in the right path. It’s clear that my pool is needing less chlorine every morning, but I’m still dealing with SLAM 4 days laters. Thank you for the inputs...

Sounds like you are doing good. You just need time to let the chlorine do its thing and the filter to filter it out. Are you keeping an eye on the filter pressure so you know when to backwash?

Welcome to TFP!

Sounds like you're getting close but what is the OCLT? You must pass all 3 requirements:
When people fudge on one of the requirements it just ends up with an aggravating recurrence. Keep at it 'till you pass all 3.

Chris

Reactions: Jochy55
Thank you for your input. The pressure of the filter is Around 9. I used a company to open the pool. I know it was done around May 18. I was planning doing it every4 weeks or so. Would that be reasonable?
That seems reasonable when not slamming, but when it is filtering out dead algae it can need it much more frequently. Do you happen to know the pressure when they opened? If not, it may be worth backwashing soon, recording the clean pressure so that you know when it rises 20-25% and is time to do it again.

Perfect, thank you.
That seems reasonable when not slamming, but when it is filtering out dead algae it can need it much more frequently. Do you happen to know the pressure when they opened? If not, it may be worth backwashing soon, recording the clean pressure so that you know when it rises 20-25% and is time to do it again.
i dont have the pressure when they opened. I think what I will do is to backwash when I’m done slaming process. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.