SLAM'd, Water Still Green, Time to Drain?

Scotland

Oct 1, 2019
Memphis, TN
I slammed the pool three days ago, and since then I've been running the pool 24 hours, keeping the chlorine at 10 or just above. It loses some during the day, but I've passed two overnight tests. I've also brought the CYA from zero to around 40.
The pool water is still green...it may be getting a bit better but it is hard to tell. I am brushing and vacumming it but there is still a lot of dirt in the pool...part of the issue us that I can't see the bottom to know how good a job I'm doing. I put socks on the skimmer baskets (to get the stabilizer in there), and they quite quickly get covered in a brown gunk.

Do you think I should drain some water from the pool to give it a head start? If so, how much do you suggest?

Br - >5
pH - 7.5
FC - 13
CC - 0
TC - 13
CH - 125
TA - 70
CYA - 30
NaCl - 800

Attachments

• Pool Water.jpg
    Pool Water.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
Isn't the SLAM process value for CYA of 30, 12?? So you never reached that or really did a SLAM. And now your CYA is 40? SO your new SLAM process FC needs to be 16ppm.

Also if your pool isn't gin-clear and you haven't done an OCLT, you didn't finish yet.

Maddie :flower:

Doing the SLAM Process is not a one time thing. In order to fully complete the SLAM Process you must complete all three criteria. No need to even do the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test until the water is clear. Since your pool is still green - the water isn't clear. Based on a CYA of 40, your SLAM level for FC is 16. You need to test the water at least 2-3 times a day and add liquid chlorine to bring the FC back up to 16.

Since you are sharing your PoolMath logs, no need to post results in replies. And no need to report BR as you have a chlorine pool, not bromine.

I hadn't upgraded PoolMath so didn't put an up-to-date result on there. Have done now though!

Well, my CYA yesterday was about 20 and now it is somewhere between 30 and 40...so am I best assuming 40 and taking FC up to 16?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.