Slam?

shawes

Gold Supporter
Apr 14, 2020
Houston, Texas
So, I opened my pool about a week ago. It's absolutely gorgeous. I indiscriminately dump a gallon of bleach in (I know 🤦‍♀️) and test it that afternoon. Show zero bleach. So I use the app. Add chlorine in. Check it the next morning. It's perfect. Check again that afternoon. Zero FC.

I decide last seasons stuff must be bad. I get my new kit yesterday. Check it zero FC. Add bleach per app. This morning it perfect. Just checked it zero FC.

My water is gorgeous. Should I go to slam mode?

To summarize: You add bleach in the afternoon/evening and FC shows in the morning, but disappears during the day? Sounds to me like you have no CYA left in the water.

Reactions: shawes
To summarize: You add bleach in the afternoon/evening and FC shows in the morning, but disappears during the day? Sounds to me like you have no CYA left in the water.
I haven't even done a full panel check yet. I was so concerned about my FC and convinced my last year kit was bad....CYA is not something I've ever had to adjust for before.

OK, take a deep breath.
Do a full set of test results

FC
CC
pH
CH
TA
CYA
water temp

then tell us how much chlorine you are adding each day and how? Liquid bleach? amount and strength. Get the brand of the bleach and the date code printed on the side (or take a pic).
We can review and advise from that information. Too many variables to provide a decent path forward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.