SLAM success full. I am a full believer now. Pics inside

Ansem

Sep 1, 2017
DFW
Process took 2 weeks.

Specs: 17k inground plaster pool, 48" DE filter, Pentair 1.5hp single speed challenger pump. Dolphin Nautilus plus robot. generic brush and skimming net.

Took: 6 gallons of 10% chlorine, 30lbs of DE, 4lbs of stabilizer and about 1lbs of pH up.

Had to replace drainage pipes, pump housing due to cracks, 2 skimmer baskets and 1 pump basket. Still fighting a few stains.

Current pool levels:

7 FC
<.5 CC
50 CYA
110 TA
225 CH

GREEN.jpgCLOUDY.jpgCLEAR.jpg

Nice work! :goodjob:

dbtgallery.php

I know it's hard to believe. I bought 15 gallons from Walmart and have 9 left. Did not use powder shock or anything else.

First thing I did was raise my CYA. Once it was above 40, I added 2.5 gallons of chlorine to get it to shock level. After that I just used 3.5 gallons over 1 week to maintain shock level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, as a newbie I've been stressing I'm going to totally screw up my pool once it's done. Seeing this gives me the confidence to know I can fix something if I screw it up. Nice job!

I was scared too. If you have a t100 test kit, test daily, trust the results and adjust chemicals as necessary. Backwash and brush daily. In no time it should be sparkling clean.

That looks great but I don't think I believe that it only took 6 gallons of chlorine!

Well done!

I cleared a swamp on a few gallons of chlorine myself. It can be done.

Ansem, great job!!! The pool looks amazing! Enjoy your summer!

Do you know how to install a skimmer? My cracked over the winter and we are a bit scared of trying to replace it without breaking the pool

I haven't done it, but I'm pretty sure you just place the gasket, put the two halves on, finger tighten the screws, and then go around in a pattern getting them snug with a screw/nut driver depending on what fasteners yours uses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.