SLAM status log

Glad you found the real problem! I didn't figure out I had a leaking sand filter until the end of the season last year. Every part of my system is impinged with sand. I've been using my hands and feet in the pool to rub it off of the sides, as brushing isn't enough apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filter sure was the problem. Water cleared up over the next 4 days. It may be working too well. The flow is considerably lower and I'm having to backwash a lot. I think I'll take a little sand out and see if that helps. The filter has lines marking "Min" and "Max" on the standpipe. I filled it up to "Max" so I think it will be OK to take a little out as long as I'm above "Min". That should help the flow. I'd like to add DE at some point but with the flow as low as it is currently, I don't think it would allow me to add any.

I would love to add DE to mine too, but I don't want to pay for 25 lbs just to use 1 or 2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mooched some off my SIL, who has a DE filter. I got 2 cups and since I only use about a quarter cup at a time, it should last the whole season and next. I only use it about twice a season.

Think hard if you know anyone with a DE filter and ask them for some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.