Slam process question

I have 2 sons who are lifeguards at our local city recreation center pool. The other day, the pool was shut down because the FC level was above 5. (They tell me it was 10 because the automatic chlorinator was left running the previous night). The day after the shut down, the pool was re-opened. Obviously they have a different standard of what is safe for the FC level. Can you comment on this?

I have 2 sons who are lifeguards at our local city recreation center pool. The other day, the pool was shut down because the FC level was above 5. (They tell me it was 10 because the automatic chlorinator was left running the previous night). The day after the shut down, the pool was re-opened. Obviously they have a different standard of what is safe for the FC level. Can you comment on this?
Some public pools, due to archaic codes, prohibit the use of CYA. If no CYA and 10 FC, everyone would quickly have white bathing suits and dry skin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.