Slam process question

Since the FC registered so high you may not need to test again right away. It would have been curious to see your CC level as well. For your next test you might want to do both.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You may not be able to drain your pool if you wanted to as it might destroy the liner.
Just for my education, why would drain destroy liner?
I would suggest an ammonia test.
You should keep SLAMing, but you could likely just start targeting 10ppm for FC and then be testing your FC and CC after only 10-15 minutes to see when the CC drops and the FC starts to hold.

I believe this is the test for ammonium, any luck on getting ammonium test from store? I think aquarium stores carry them.

If the liner is more than a few years old, they tend to shrink when they are drained. Then when you try to fill again they will not stretch back into place and often will rip.

Thanks Jason, I just learned something new.

the7guys
There is possibly a way to water exchange the pool, using the tarp method. Here is the link to Smartjack's thread where he did it. Look at post # 62 click on the link it has good pictures, Day 2 file has good video. I am NOT recommending you do this, I would follow the experts advice on the forum. But it gives you food for thought and you can see how much a tarp would cost and can calculate from your water bill how much water will cost vs what you are spending now. The problem is you do not know when it is going to turn around with the chlorine you may be close to turning this around. If you have a lot of solid organics on the bottom of pool it will speed the process to get them out manually. Make sure you scoop as much out of bottom as possible, for whatever direction you ultimately decide on.

At 7am this morning, the FC=13.5 and CC=1.5. I dosed another bottle of bleach. At 5:30pm the FC=14.5 and CC=1.0. I dosed 113 oz of bleach. I may not be able to measure the chlorine again until I get more R-0871 reagent. I hope to pick some up tomorrow afternoon. It would have been nice to go out at 6:30pm and measure a CC=0.5 or less.

FYI the water has never been clearer or bluer. I'm confident that I won't have to drain and replace.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.