AHNawmahn

Jun 30, 2021
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I started SLAMing my pool around 2 weeks ago. Went from very dark swamp green water to blue. All of my numbers look great (except I'm not 100% positive about my ph. I started at 7.2, but have held my FC level at 22-29 due to my CYA being 70-75ish and haven't tested since). My water is still very cloudy. The pool "turned" blue on 7/21. I can't see the vacuum head while vacuuming. If I keep my FC level at SLAM level, can I turn off my pump overnight to let things settle and vacuum in the morning? I've only backwashed when my filter reaches about +7 psi which is when I start to lose good pump suction. Now no matter how much I vacuum the pressure doesn't rise (3 days of vacuuming and I've had a +1.5 psi rise). I've attached a pic of my vacuum in the shallow end. Top of the water seems clear. I've asked this same question on reddit, but a few people basically said go ask tfp, so here I am.

Attachments

• 20210728_165835.jpg
    20210728_165835.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the forum!
I assume you have a proper test kit. Please fill out your signature so we know what equipment, pool type, test kit, etc you have.
Since your backwashing, I am assuming you have a sand filter. Have you added DE to it? Have you passed multiple Overnight Chlorine Loss Test?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to TFP :)

A sand filter is the easiest filter to use but it takes the longest to clear the pool during a SLAM... Like @mknauss said, adding DE to your filter will help, make sure to watch the pressure as it will go up fast.. backwash when filter reaches 25% over clean pressure and then add more DE :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.