Surprise/Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Had some algae growth along the coping of my pool. Recently replaced all of the water (March). Operating a salt pool and VS pump, total pump operating 24 hours a day during the SLAM (few hours high speed and the rest a lower speed). The SLAM has been working great and the algae is gone and water clear. Going into day 3 of the SLAM right now. Today my CC spiked to 1.0ppm from the 0-.5ppm it has been before and during the SLAM. Current FC level is 17ppm. I'm still seeing chlorine consumption during in the pool (1.5-2ppm over about 12-14 hours) and am adding liquid chlorine to maintain the SLAM level. I'm just planning to hold and maintain the SLAM unless there are other suggestions? I've only SLAMMED once before, but didn't experience this increase in CC before, which seems backwards of what I should be seeing? Any thoughts are appreciated!

I'm losing that with my SWG running though. I'll do the overnight test tonight and see where I stand. My biggest concern is that all of a sudden, my CC is now 1.0. Before starting the SLAM I was never above .5ppm. started the SLAM due to visible algae. Is the increase in CC related to my killing off algae and the CC will come back down?

Yes - if you keep your FC at SLAM level and let the sun burn off the CCs they should go away fairly quickly. If they show up again then something is feeding organics to your pool. Any swimmers? Any potential spots algae could be hiding like light niches, ladders, skimmer weir door, etc.?

CC's cleared up. Just conducted an overnight loss test. Seeing a decrease of 1ppm overnight. I ended up with debris and leaves in the pool overnight from some wind. I'm going to stop the SLAM as I know finally meet all the matrix criteria. Iceshadow, to answer you, I do have a lot of spots for algae... Half the pool has a fake rock coping and I think it hides there. I think I had just been maintaining the algae, but think I've finally taken care of it this go around. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.