SLAM Day 9 - Need clarity

It’s not bad. There are 2 screws (sometimes they only use the top one) that hold the light to the niche. The niche has the 10 screws holding it and your liner to the pool shell. You don’t want to touch those because if you do the niche and liner could start leaking water behind the liner, but the two screws near the lens that hold the light in are totally safe to remove. There will be a waterproof cable going to the back of the light coiled up in the niche. It should be plenty long enough to lift the light up and set it on the pool deck nearest the light.

The inside of those niches get nasty if algae starts growing because while water can get back there it’s not very open and can get stagnant. You gotta get back there with a pool brush and scrub it out.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I actually not brave enough to do this :(
You can totally do it. Super easy. I think my IntelliBrite actually just has one screw at the top and sits in a little notch at the bottom, so it's just one screw. Just make sure to flip the breaker for your lights off first, just to be sure ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.