Gold Supporter
May 16, 2018
New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I started a thread last week regarding a stain and found out it’s Iron. See pic below. I’ve been reading up and this will be a process I guess.
Im concerned about not being able to SLAM for 2 weeks after AA treatment but will be using polyquat60 as needed while chlorine is low.

Our new robot should be arriving tomorrow. We’ll throw him in and I scrubbed the pool well tonight and added chlorine to appropriate SLAM level.

I guess I’m just talking through this to get it right for my wife over the next couple of weeks.

I’ll try and get as much algae gone as possible and then let the chlorine drop to 0.

Then I’ll have my ascorbic acid, muriatic acid, PQ60, sequestering agent, and then buffers on hand.

I’m sure I’ll have more questions on the process regardless of how many times I read through the AA treatment pages.

Any other advice ?

TIA - Cheers

If I were in your shoes I would definitely slam prior to the AA treatment and make sure it passes all the test as far as "no visible algae, only 1ppm drop for the overnight test for free chlorine and your combined chlorine should be less then .5" At that point you can lower your FC, add the polyquat and do the AA treatment. Keep in mind your metals will still be suspended in the pool water so you will need a sequestrant to keep them suspended otherwise they will reattach themselves to you pool walls and fixtures again.

Here is my recent thread on my fiberglass pool staining issues... Fiberglass staining after slamming,, looking for suggestion.

no short cuts,,
Blizz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.