SLAM and still cloudy

rllackey28

Jun 9, 2017
Williamson, WV
Been SLAMing since Wednesday evening keeping FC above SLAM level. My CC hasn’t been 1 or more Friday morning. Usually zero drops but sometimes 1 on a 10 mL test. But it’s still cloudy. I’m at 56 gallons of 10% liquid shock in. I know from past experience, most will say that I’m on the right path but is there anything else I can do to help the situation?

Other than add some DE to your sand filter, not much. You are in the POP phase. Pool Owner Patience.

You could fire up the SWCG and see if it helps maintain your FC levels. Be sure to turn it off for OCLT.

Been SLAMing since Wednesday evening keeping FC above SLAM level. My CC hasn’t been 1 or more Friday morning. Usually zero drops but sometimes 1 on a 10 mL test. But it’s still cloudy. I’m at 56 gallons of 10% liquid shock in. I know from past experience, most will say that I’m on the right path but is there anything else I can do to help the situation?
You are on the right path. I too have a 30K pool and it took lots of chlorine!

Can you post pictures of the water now? Can you post pictures of the pool environment?

Did you remove and scrub inside the tubes with a long flexible brush (Ladder Brush Amazon)? Scrub Skimmer? Wier Doors? Behind lights?

Note that going over SLAM level doesn’t do much except waste chlorine. So don’t do that. 😉

IMG_1905.jpegOk an update. I know my CYA is a little low. I haven’t read anything over 0.5 CC since Friday still cloudy. No overnight loss of chlorine. I added some DE to help catch it and it didn’t really help and now my pressure on my sand filter has dropped from 11 to 8. No noticeable leaks anywhere. No drop in water line. I’m at a loss on why it’s still cloudy. IMG_1904.jpeg

As your are still in SLAM, your FC is low. You do not want the CYA higher.
Are you still maintaining the SLAM level FC?
You said you passed OCLT. Once? Do another again tonight and let us know what you get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.