3kidsAndAPool

Apr 17, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone! I know that when you have visible algae you are supposed to vacuum to waste, but if you don’t have visible algae and you are slamming due to cloudy water, is it ok to use the robot to pick up dead bugs and debris? I had to SLAM last month too..everything was perfect for weeks. We did have about 18 people over for July 4th so I’m wondering if that could be the culprit, even though all of my chemicals were in line? At the end of the night, I added 2 gallons of chlorine to shock, but should I have done an OCLT as well? It was fine until a few days ago. When I opened the cover, it was pretty cloudy. Seemed to happen overnight. I had the cover on for the 3 days prior due to rain, but still tested the water and added chlorine as needed. Any advice would be helpful. I really thought I was finally getting the hang of all of this.

is it ok to use the robot to pick up dead bugs and debris?
Forget the robot, swimming is safe for the kids up to and including SLAM based upon the FC/CYA Levels.

Can you link your poolmath logs in the app ? (Allow other times see). Sounds like even though you were trying, the FC dipped below minimum. It happens. Chin up. We can fix it.

Current test results needed too. :)

Forget the robot, swimming is safe for the kids up to and including SLAM based upon the FC/CYA Levels.

Can you link your poolmath logs in the app ? (Allow other times see). Sounds like even though you were trying, the FC dipped below minimum. It happens. Chin up. We can fix it.

Current test results needed too. :)
How do you link the log? I feel like I tried before and couldn’t get it to work. Thank you!

Open pool math. Click the wagon wheel (settings) upper right corner. Scroll down and turn sharing on. (y)

How do you link the log? I feel like I tried before and couldn’t get it to work. Thank you!
It may be on my signature?
Open pool math. Click the wagon wheel (settings) upper right corner. Scroll down and turn sharing on. (y)
I went there and it shows that it is toggled on. I turned it off then back on to see if that worked. Let me know!

went there and it shows that it is toggled on. I turned it off then back on to see if that worked. Let me know!
Still not working. @Leebo ?
Also, is there anything I can do to preserve this testing liquid? Using 30 plus drops every hour has me running out fast
Use 10ml pool sample and each drop is .5 FC. Use 5ml and each drop is 1 FC.

also go to 2 hour testing.

If the user is using social login (Facebook or Google) it won’t be automatically shared to the forum. They’ll need to share the link manually.

Reactions: Newdude
Ok so we may not be able to see them, but what’s done is done anyway. You have cloudy water and most likely need to SLAM Process. You can get right on it or you can start it now and Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight for proof.

Post your test results and raise FC to SLAM level based upon your CYA as directed here. FC/CYA Levels

Brush and vac daily at least once.

Pump running throughout

test, add per poolmath and *verify* 20 mins later, every 2 hours. If you have to go longer because life, It goes slower but we all understand.

Go on an algae treasure hunt. Ladders, skimmers, stairs (mouldings), etc.

Run any water features so no stagnant water remains.

Ask away at any point.

You either dipped below minimum FC at some point or didn’t get it all last time. It could have been hiding in plain sight like the ladder rails which hold 2 gallons (?) each.

If the user is using social login (Facebook or Google) it won’t be automatically shared to the forum. They’ll need to share the link manually.
I don’t believe I am using a social login, is there any way to check? Also, how do I share manually? Thank you!

Of course, my tube only has 10, 25 and 44 ML markings..I will go to 2 hour testing.
Ok so we may not be able to see them, but what’s done is done anyway. You have cloudy water and most likely need to SLAM Process. You can get right on it or you can start it now and Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight for proof.

Post your test results and raise FC to SLAM level based upon your CYA as directed here. FC/CYA Levels

Pump running throughout

test, add per poolmath and *verify* 20 mins later, every 2 hours. If you have to go longer because life, It goes slower but we all understand.

Ask away at any point.

You either dipped below minimum FC at some point or didn’t get it all last time. It could have been hiding in plain sight like the ladder rails which hold 2 gallons (?) each.
Does this link take you to my logs?
I am currently on my second day of slamming. It’s clearing up quickly, so I hope to be done tomorrow. I don’t see anywhere in my logs that it has dipped and I’m pretty diligent about checking it daily, but I may be missing something. I have brushed 2-3 times a day, but don’t see anything to vacuum other than a few bugs at the bottom. My main steps are vinyl lined and the side steps are the white inset, so no way to move that. I used a toilet scrub brush to brush out the inside of both skimmer boxes. I always brush around the light and 3 returns in case anything is there. I will definitely switch to testing every 2 hours! Let me know if that link helps to see my logs or how to post it manually. Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Pump running throughout

Ask away at any point.

I have now turned on the deck jets and bubblers. Do those need to stay on until the SLAM is complete?

PoolMath Logs Does this link take you to my logs
464DFB90-C9A9-4B62-AFC5-E219BC53B40A.jpeg

have brushed 2-3 times a day, but don’t see anything to vacuum other than a few bugs at the bottom
Excellent. As you kill algae some of the dead stuff falls to the floor. It will look clear but will poof your with the brush. If there isn’t any proofing at all, you can reduce your attempts.
I don’t see anywhere in my logs that it has dipped and I’m pretty diligent about checking it daily, but I may be missing something
Or it was hiding somewhere leftover from last time. We may never know. But we know how to go after it now. And you’re doing amazing so far. Keep it up. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 3kidsAndAPool
View attachment 355300

Excellent. As you kill algae some of the dead stuff falls to the floor. It will look clear but will poof your with the brush. If there isn’t any proofing at all, you can reduce your attempts.

Or it was hiding somewhere leftover from last time. We may never know. But we know how to go after it now. And you’re doing amazing so far. Keep it up. (y)
I see no poofing at all! I’ll keep up what I’m doing! Thanks for all of the advice!

View attachment 355300

Should I always test 20 mins after adding the LC? I have been assuming it has reached 20ppm every time since I know the calculator is correct.

Should I always test 20 mins after adding the LC
Yes. Jug to jug you could get a weakened dose of liquid chlorine, even with a good date. Stores are notorious for letting them sit outside on a pallet for a few days in the sun because why would they care ? HD/Lowe’s/Walmart then also often shelve them in the outside garden centers.

Trust your poolmath. Verify the store didn’t do you dirty. :)

Reactions: 3kidsAndAPool
Yes. Jug to jug you could get a weakened dose of liquid chlorine, even with a good date. Stores are notorious for letting them sit outside on a pallet for a few days in the sun because why would they care ? HD/Lowe’s/Walmart then also often shelve them in the outside garden centers.

Trust your poolmath. Verify the store didn’t do you dirty. :)
Makes perfect sense!

Makes perfect sense!
Just had a pow-wow on the side with a brilliant mind. They’re saying it’s close enough if you miss with a bad jug and progress is still progress. I don’t disagree and it will save you some reagents and time to just add and test again at the next time. :)

Just had a pow-wow on the side with a brilliant mind. They’re saying it’s close enough if you miss with a bad jug and progress is still progress. I don’t disagree and it will save you some reagents and time to just add and test again at the next time. :)
Ok, great!!! I wasn’t sure I’d have enough reagent to do that. Thank you so much for clarifying!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.