Fassel

Jul 9, 2022
Yakima, WA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My source water has an alkalinity level of 300 ppm. The pH is 7.6 ppm. CH is 200. The calculator recommends muriatic acid to lower PH. 1985 gallon swim spa- not yet filled. Should I worry about the high ALK or just work on my PH? Thanks

Also see

Can I or should I add dichlor during this time and use the pool?
Whether you use dichlor, trichlor, or liquid chlorine, you will of course need to continue adding chlorine each day for sanitation. Just never add those products to the same location at the same time as muriatic acid. Separate by a few minutes with good water circulation. Remember that dichlor and trichlor are stabilized forms of chlorine and increase the CYA level. The FC level must be balanced to the current CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. The higher the CYA, the more FC required. Liquid chlorine has no such stabilizer increase effects.

Whether you use dichlor, trichlor, or liquid chlorine, you will of course need to continue adding chlorine each day for sanitation. Just never add those products to the same location at the same time as muriatic acid. Separate by a few minutes with good water circulation. Remember that dichlor and trichlor are stabilized forms of chlorine and increase the CYA level. The FC level must be balanced to the current CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. The higher the CYA, the more FC required. Liquid chlorine has no such stabilizer increase effects.
Thanks. I am reading it has minimal effects on PH & ALK. currently, my source water is 0 CYA (pool store tested it at 5). Im using the Taylor K006 kit. We are currently testing this process on our 450 gallon hot tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.