Skimmer with side hole (currently plugged)

edo002

May 16, 2022
Waukesha, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just moved into a house with an older concrete pool. My skimmers have a 3rd hold off to the side (not on pool side) but to the right of the main skimmer which has the standard two holes at the bottom. Attached is a picture of the vacuum cover so you can see the shape. both skimmer have this. one skimmer isn't working and I am trying to resolve that. Any idea what the third hole is for? Even though they are plugged.. Thanks
IMG_1008.jpeg

Hello Edo, welcome to TFP :wave:
Hmmmm... Google came up with nuffin'. :brickwall:
So I'm going to ping a few folks who might recognize this old skimmer plate with that Main Drain outlet-
🎶 @Bama Rambler @ajw22 @jimmythegreek @mas985

Lets hope one of them can recognize it 🤞

As a new home and pool owner...have you dabbled into our Pool School articles yet? I'll suggest a few to start:
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Levels
FC/CYA Levels

Maddie :flower:

The best I can find out about this is that it was made by a company called KDI American Products. I think they were eaten up by Pentair in the 1990s. Maybe there's some similar Pentair model you can find the manual for?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.