Bronze Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
SEMINOLE, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Part # Pentair 08650-0022 Sta-Rite U-3 Skimmer Weir Assembly. Since 2014 I have replaced this part 5 times!! Whenever playing pool games where the water churns up causing the weir to start flapping it breaks off. The expense isn't the problem, approx $15, but the actual install is a real pain. A teeny tiny screw holding the hinge plate and of course worrying about dropping it into the pool.....Grrrr!! Is there a sturdier Weir out there that I'm not aware of? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

I don't know about a sturdier weir, but mine doesn't bounce from pool activities unless the pump is off. Water flow holds the weir in position. Maybe try running your pump at a higher flow while swimming.

Purchased and installed spring loaded weir. Haven't had a chance to test it with pool play time, but think (hope) it will work better than the other one. I do have a possible problem however. From time-to-time when turning pool pump off, then back on, the water in skimmer drains totally out because the weir gets stuck. I have to manually flip weir down to allow water to flow back in. Anyone have a remedy for this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.