May 25, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good evening, all.
I’ve been thru the search function and am not sure I found the answer.
Here’s my problem: After installing a vacuum plate and priming my vacuum hose, once the hose is installed and pump running, the water is going thru the skimmer around the plate. Am I failing to get a proper seal from the vacuum plate?
The plate is the oem part for the skimmer.
Thank you.

Hey Axe !! Anytime mine didn’t suck itself tight right away, I either forgot to switch off the main drains first for skimmer only, or i forgot to close the other skimmer flap. Or I forgot both.

If those don’t apply, check the rubber gasket on the plate. They come out from time to time.

Good morning.
My skimmer has but one outgoing pipe. The main drain line to the skimmer is capped. The vacuum plate doesn’t have a seal; it is a hard, plastic disc. Plumbers putty is cheap, so perhaps I can pack a ring around the plate to seal it.
Thank you.

They are real cheap if you want to try a different plate. Just double check the size on Amazon. There were a few sizes but it was easy enough to realize the 6.5 inch wasn’t the 8 inch and so on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.