Skimmer vacuum and Pool Pump Surge?

MSoCal

Jun 19, 2021
I tried to put my vacuum into the Skimmer line today and it was causing the pool Pump to Surge everytime. We tried it in the cleaner intake and it was working fine. Can anyone advise on what is happening? I'm afraid to vacuum now.

M,

Why did you put it in the skimmer vs. using dedicated vacuum line?

I have never liked trying to vacuum using the skimmer.. What you are seeing happens often.. You can get too many air leaks trying to attach the vac hose to the skimmer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Is there a particular reason you want to use the skimmer to vacuum the pool versus using the dedicated vacuum cleaner line in the pool? It seems like its easier to connect to the vacuum line than it is to try to do it with the skimmer.
The hose I bought needs some kind of attachment to the cleaner line I hadn't purchased yet so we were using the Skimmer. I'm okay using the cleaner line now though.

Is there a particular reason you want to use the skimmer to vacuum the pool versus using the dedicated vacuum cleaner line in the pool? It seems like its easier to connect to the vacuum line than it is to try to do it with the skimmer.
I think you are right. We just had to get a hose attachment for the cleaner line, so we'll just be sticking with that from now on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.