Skimmer too low?

dcnichols

Sep 27, 2021
O'Fallon, MO
We just had our fiberglass pool installed. It is a Leisure Pool Ultimate 40' One issue is the water level. The water level seems really low to me. When I go to Leisure Pool's website, it appears the skimmer should have been placed higher. I have attached photos to this post showing the top of my skimmer is almost a little over 5 1/2 inches from the bottom of my concrete, which means my water level is around 6 1/2 inches below the bottom of the concrete. Therefore, our tile will need to be over 6 inches tall just so the top of the water level is on tile. Is there a way the skimmer can be placed higher? Am I right to think this was incorrectly placed by the installer?

Attachments

• Skimmer.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
  • Side of pool.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 44
Hi there- Your skimmer *looks* about 2 inches too low to me. Was the skimmer in place when the pool was delivered? Mine was, but it was a different brand of pool.
Your seeking to put tile on the edge? Why?

Maddie :flower:

Is this pool 100% installed? If it is they would have to bust up the decking around the skimmer, cut out the skimmer, patch the fiberglass, re-install the skimmer and repair the deck. Your builder may not be willing to do all that to correct the placement of the skimmer. In the big picture, you are losing about 3" of water depth. If you only have the one skimmer it will function fine as long as the water level is 1/2 to 2/3 up the skimmer opening. You need to decide if it is worth the headache to have an extra 3" of water. The pool looks beautiful without the tile border. It would look odd if you add giant pieces of tile or use regular sized tile that did not extend to the water line. You might consider asking for compensation for the incorrect skimmer placement and not being able to tile the edge as planned in the form of a rebate of some of the cost, or adding something to the pool package in its place for free.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Is this pool 100% installed? If it is they would have to bust up the decking around the skimmer, cut out the skimmer, patch the fiberglass, re-install the skimmer and repair the deck. Your builder may not be willing to do all that to correct the placement of the skimmer. In the big picture, you are losing about 3" of water depth. If you only have the one skimmer it will function fine as long as the water level is 1/2 to 2/3 up the skimmer opening. You need to decide if it is worth the headache to have an extra 3" of water. The pool looks beautiful without the tile border. It would look odd if you add giant pieces of tile or use regular sized tile that did not extend to the water line. You might consider asking for compensation for the incorrect skimmer placement and not being able to tile the edge as planned in the form of a rebate of some of the cost, or adding something to the pool package in its place for free.
Unfortunately, it has been 100% installed. I was hopeful they could move the skimmer without busting up the concrete. I do have only one skimmer and it is functioning fine, it just looks weird to me that the water level barely covers the swim outs, and I would not have this situation if the skimmer had just been installed 3" higher. Thank you for your response and advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.