Skimmer socks

Newbie71

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Easton, MA
4D8EEE6B-0ADE-444C-A02E-4B2535CEB8F7.jpg
These things are great, especially during high pollen season. They go over your skimmer baskets and filter out a bunch of small stuff before it gets in your filter. Probably saved me 3 backwashes so far this year. Highly recommend.

I used to use that New, but OMG, the stuff that came out of my skimmer was so gross that I didn't feel like cleaning out the socks every time. So I got hairnets (100 for $5 to $6 ). I've been using these hairnets for a while and they are great. I'll highly recommend hairnets. However, if you want to use the socks then all is good. They work good, I just couldn't reuse the socks at all. I get grossed out easily.

Hairnets from Amazon. You can get 100 for about $6. They do the same thing and you don’t feel bad throwing them out every other day. It’s what I use during pollen season. Although, I don’t know how much you spent on the product there.

Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White, 100 per Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XK2FS0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QyPeBb2S3KQCB

ditto x 100...best deal going...plug n'play and you're done...I've given these to friends to try and every one of them use them now....

W as fast as we are buying these, I hope there's not a lot of hair in food that shouldn't be :)

ditto x 100...best deal going...plug n'play and you're done...I've given these to friends to try and every one of them use them now....

W as fast as we are buying these, I hope there's not a lot of hair in food that shouldn't be :)

I have been using the hairnets also and they work great! And so inexpensive! A great way to economize with DE changes during pollen and tree flowering season.

I’m still using the same package that I bought last year. I suspect these will last another year before I have to buy another 100.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just wish the hairnets were biodegradable :(

Maddie :flower:

Maddie, after you pull out the hairnets [w all the junk in them], just cut off the rubber band part, then put them on top of the soil and sprinkle some cottonseed meal on them, then water them down enough to get them wet...then watch after 10-14 days. Cottonseed meal is a by product of cotton production and is an excellent source of breaking down almost any matter into nitrogen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.