May 18, 2019
southern utah
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We just received our leisure pools 40' Pinnacle shell and are trying to determine the best place for the skimmers. Our plan is to do 2 skimmers with 4 possibly 5 return jets. I am having a hard time determining where to place the 2 skimmer. any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
Which direction will it be installed as compared to common wind direction

Example if this was at my house if try to put the shallow end on the south side so less shaded areas of the pool and just one skimmer on the north side as wind blows out of the south most often. If it was two skimmers one at North and one at south.

Always install valves on your skimmer and returns so you can fine tune the pool. You probably will use 1 skimmer and 1 return most of the time but it's still nice to have the others

The deep end will be towards the north and the shallower end towards the south. And the winds generally do come from the south. I know I want one in the deeper end...my pool builder suddested putting both on each side of the deep end but I wasn't sure about that

You will want to think about where your return jets will be placed. With the returns all pointed in the same direction to create a swirl to your pool water, you would want to install them in the best locations to gather the surface debris as it floats by. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.