Skimmer opening pouring water

Yarzy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
Chalfont, PA
Hi everyone. It seems like whenever we get a really heavy rain storm, I get dark water in the skimmers. One has it worse than the other one. It was raining here and again I went out and saw the brown water in my skimmer. I went to look under the decking into the skimmer opening and saw water pouring out of the top of the opening which I am wondering is leading to the brown water. I have included a video of it. Does this look right? My PB does not know what would be causing the water color and I am wondering if they are related. Thanks so much!

Video of water pouring in skimmer -

Y,

Water should not be pouring over the top of your skimmer like that.

I would suspect that water is under you deck and have no other place to go..

What kind of deck do you have? How old is the pool? Do you have deck drains?

Thanks,

Jim R.

It is a brand new pool with a cantilever deck. Any idea how water could be getting under the deck like that? The water was clear so I am thinking it was fresh rain water. There is a small piece of plastic over the top of the skimmer opening. Maybe it was pooling under that and pouring in?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.