Skimmer line

Cccfarm

Jul 18, 2019
Indiana
I have had nothing but trouble with my pool all summer. I used to have a good pool guy until he went out of business and had to find someone last minute to close my pool. Well I think the idiot did something wrong and messed up the skimmer line and now there is a possible leak in the line because I cannot get that line to prime. I have done everything and it still won’t prime. My question is do you have to run the skimmer line and is there another way to clean the pool without using the skimmer line? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated because I cannot afford to have that line replaced right now and have a nine year old dying to be able to use the pool.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: We'd like to help you find a solution. To do so, it would help to know more about your pool. Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Make sure to tell us how many drains/skimmers you have in the sig. Test kit too please. It would also help to see a picture of your equipment pad.

From there we'll put of TFP heads together and try to help you. :)

Also see:

As Pat said, we need a lot more info.

Can you see the port in the bottom of the skimmer? If so is there anything in it?
Is your equipment above the waterline?
Do you have a main drain in the bottom of the pool?
Are there any valves in the pump suction line?

Take the pump basket lid off, and take a water hose and run water into the bottom of the skimmer and see if it comes out the pump basket. You'll have to seal it off in the skimmer port with a rag or something, if the pump is above the water. Then put the hose in the suction port of the basket and see if water comes out the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.