Skimmer Leak

Rebel86

Feb 26, 2020
Columbia, MS
I have an inground pool with vinyl liner. Pool slowly leaks water down to a point just below the skimmer. Would this most likely indicate that the leak is located somewhere in or around the skimmer? I have put putty in pretty much every place around skimmer that i thought the leak may be. Even if i had a new liner installed, wouldn't the leak still continue if the problem is within the skimmer? Just not sure where to go from here. I just pray that there is not a lot of damage underneath my liner. Thanks guys.

If the water leaks down to just below the skimmer, then I think that means that the skimmer is not the problem. The water won’t be able to leak down to any lower than wherever the actual leak is. So if the leak was in the middle of the skimmer, then the water would only leak down to the middle of the skimmer. If the leak was in the bottom of the skimmer, then the water would leak down to the bottom of the skimmer, but no lower. If it’s really going below the skimmer, then I suspect that you need to be looking elsewhere for that leak.

Again, given that the water will only leak down to the level of the hole, and assuming that you have let your water leak down that much then you need to start looking around the waterline for the leak. If the jets are at the water level, then they are a potential possibility, but if they are above or below the water level, then they should be good. It could just be a hole in the liner, which again, would be at the current waterline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.