Skimmer Diverter

Sdonaldson327

Bronze Supporter
Aug 4, 2017
Knoxville
Hello everyone,

Based off a suggestion for another issue, I am looking to get a skimmer diverter float.

However, when I took my skimmer basket out, I discovered that there is no place on the bottom of the skimmer for an O ring.

Does this really make a difference or is there a diverter float that has an O ring built into the bottom of itself?

Also any recommendations on a skimmer diverter float?

The picture is of my skimmer. It is appropriately 6.5 in in diameter and there is about 4 inches of space between the bottom of the skimmer basket and bottom of the skimmer itself.

As always, thatnks for all the help and information

Attachments

• 9F2E6E88-C9CD-4579-8E6E-E4CC5B019580.jpeg
    9F2E6E88-C9CD-4579-8E6E-E4CC5B019580.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 28
Based on the discoloration, I think you need the twinkie version and not the spaceship version

Obviously those are not the official names, but I don't know what the official names are :) there should be pictures of them in the visual encyclopedia in pool school

Based on the discoloration, I think you need the twinkie version and not the spaceship version

Obviously those are not the official names, but I don't know what the official names are :) there should be pictures of them in the visual encyclopedia in pool school

You mean the twinkie shown in this thread?

You mean the twinkie shown in this thread?

I think so ... although I am not 100% sure the screw holes line up or how that style really works.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
But, like I said before, those screws look to be in a different location than in the bottom of the OP's skimmer.

On 2nd look, maybe there is just a 3rd extra hole in your skimmer. Although one of them (lower left) no longer looks round unless there is debris or something obfuscating it.

But, like I said before, those screws look to be in a different location than in the bottom of the OP's skimmer.

On 2nd look, maybe there is just a 3rd extra hole in your skimmer. Although one of them (lower left) no longer looks round unless there is debris or something obfuscating it.

I looked at the picture again, the holes are round, the left hole is just warped due to an optical illusion caused by me taking the pic as water was flowing through the skimmer.

I do agree with you in that I don’t think the screws on that hayward diverter will match up on my skimmer

If that weird shaped black by the left pipe is a hole, then I think the screws will actually line up with it and the one toward the top. And the lower right is extra?

I think that the screw that the flap is attached to the diverter will probably line up to the small hole next to the MD hole in the skimmer, but I have no idea what the extra screw on that diverter would go to, or more importantly if it’s even needed assuming I can get one screw properly attached?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.