Skimmer Clog or Air in Line

American Leak Detector came by today. Looks like I need to replace my skimmer line back to the pump and they recommend replacing my return lines too. The Skimmer line has collapsed (flex line from 1990) and has a good size gash in it. :( This is going to be one expensive repair, fill dirt is probably cheaper.

rLfrOSL.jpg

W,

Of course they are going to sell you the Cadillac of repairs and you can't argue it is the best route to go.. But.. why can't they just repair the collapsed area???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Good point. I'm going to have to tear up the patio to do the repair anyways so might was well run a new line back to the pump. Just a matter of time before another area collapses. Had a return line collapse last year, luckily it was in the dirt and not under the patio. Planning on the new run going a different route to minimize the patio damage. The return jets are what concern me, not sure they are in trouble still but probably just a matter of time. Wish there was a less invasive fix for this stupid flex line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.