Skimmer Burp Back

The pump is too big and you have air getting in on the suction side.

You can install a check valve between the pump and filter to stop the back-surge, but you should go to a variable speed pump and run much slower and you should try to find and fix the suction side air leak.

Edit - James posted while I was writing this response.

Please post the model# of the filter & the model# of the 6 way valve. I'm wondering if the filter has an auto air bleed system. If not then the valve should have a bleed screw. If the skimmer is drawing in air it could be overwhelming the auto air bleed system. Are you seeing air in the pump basket or coming out the return.

Seems like a waste to buy another pump. You may just need to set the suction side valve to pull water from the skimmer and vac line at the same time. You might be able to put an eyeball with a larger hole in the return. Adding another return is another possibility.

You can switch the impeller to a smaller size.

I would change the impeller, install a check valve and try to locate and fix the air leak.

When you turn the pump off, look carefully at the joints on the suction side to see if there is any water or air leaking while you have the pressure back surge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.