Skimmer box leak

USBB

Nov 11, 2017
Greenville, SC
I have a leak in my skimmer box. If I drain my pool enough so that the box is dry, what kind of sealant can I apply to all the joints and possible areas of leaks?

At some point I am going to cut the concrete deck and replace the box along with all the underground plumbing. I am just trying to buy another season or two of time while I save money to fix it correctly.

This is a fiberglass in ground pool with a concrete deck around it.

I should add that if you fill the pool to the rim, with nothing running, it will drain itself to a certain level every time in about 3 hours. That end of the deck is tipped a bit. I think the leak is larger high up in the box and narrows down lower in the box.

I applied the Rezolin last week and let it cure in the air (I drained the pool partially). So far, for 24 hours after filling up the pool and running the filter, my water level is holding.

How long should I expect the Rezolin to work before I experience a leak again? I was generous in my application of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.