Skimmer baskets

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
Last year I found it funny when I asked about how to stop skimmer basket from floating out of place, I got the answer, I put a rock in mine. I guess this is the way to deal with it, but it makes no sense that it float out as it does. I liken it to buying a new car and you tell dealership that the gas pedal sticks and he tells you to place a bed spring under the pedal. I do also notice that when using a suction vacuum, I cannot use the the round plate with the tube coming out from it. I have use the hose stuck down in to the skimmer alone. I cannot get suction doing it with the provided circular disc and hose bib. This and the way the basket floats out suggests poor workmanship on a pool that costs over three thousand dollars. As I say this I realize it's probably a cheap skimmer package sold by pool company

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
My skimmer twists to lock in place and sometimes that is a real PITA. I'd rather just grab and go.

I also can't use a vacuum plate because the suction goes to the main drain instead. Why not? It's a shorter run and a larger diameter and smoother than that corrugated vacuum hose is.

And mine is a built-in. You aren't doing so bad.

First-world problems. ;)