Skimmer basket issues

Hi all. I recently replaced my filter and my vacuum pressure has never been better. I noticed however that after just a few pieces of debris collect in the basket, it starts starving for water, because the leaves collect right over the hole going down to the pump.

Since the basket is flat on the bottom, and the skimmer well bottom is also flat, there is no water flow anywhere except the 2.5 inch area right over the hole.

Is there some kind of ring to put under the basket or a basket that isn't flat in order to allow water flow through the whole basket instead of only right over the hole?

Hi all. I recently replaced my filter and my vacuum pressure has never been better. I noticed however that after just a few pieces of debris collect in the basket, it starts starving for water, because the leaves collect right over the hole going down to the pump.

Since the basket is flat on the bottom, and the skimmer well bottom is also flat, there is no water flow anywhere except the 2.5 inch area right over the hole.

Is there some kind of ring to put under the basket or a basket that isn't flat in order to allow water flow through the whole basket instead of only right over the hole?

Do you have a 1085, 1084, 1096 series skimmer ? Retrofit rings are readily available.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.