Skimmer Angel + Hair Net - Can it work?

hollywoodfrodo

Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
Lakewood, CA
I bought a Skimmer Angel with my test kit and I also want to use the Hair Net on the skimmer as many people here have had great success using those. But since the Skimmer Angel attaches to the middle of the basket, I'm not sure how I will be able to use the Hair Net.

Just wondering if anyone has solved this particular conundrum already and can supply suggestions and/or pics.

Thanks!

I am curious if anyone has a better idea than:
You could put the net in and then install the angel, but then cleaning the net will be troublesome and would have to remove the angel eery time you change the net.

Reactions: Tena
Few thoughts:

While I agree that a skimmer handle is convenient, I would rather have a cleaner filtering system/pump basket than convenience at skimmer. So for me, I would remove the skimmer angel.

The other option, but not sure if I'd work is to install the hair net around the basket and while install skimmer again, makes sure the hairnet elastic part is outside of the skimmer basket or just around the rim...when pulling it out, you would have to make sure you prevent the hair net, or its contents, be pulling downward.

For me I just get a soft knee pad, set next to skimmer and kneel on this when removing and installing hair nets: fast, quick and easy and I have real clean filters..good luck

It is not a good idea to put the hair nets on the outside of the basket as it is all too easy for it and the debris to get sucked into your plumbing and clog it.

I agree, but there's no other way w the angel attachment...good ole back work is the only way to go...sunglasses too

Convenience and functionality are not always proportionally balanced

I am curious if anyone has a better idea than:
You could put the net in and then install the angel, but then cleaning the net will be troublesome and would have to remove the angel eery time you change the net.

Yep, that's the way I have ours. And was searching this question. It is a pain, but I have a second basket with a clean sock ready to go and just move the handle over.

My main concern is the bugs cling to the socks like crazy. I blasted a giant wasp to bits and pieces trying to get him out. I will buy hairnets when I run out of the socks. I hope they will be less clingy ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.